Financial Project Controller – Amsterdam
ARQ. is looking for a Financial Project Controller for triple A company in the entertainment gaming industry in central Amsterdam. This is truly a unique opportunity for someone who wishes to become a genuine Financial partner and wants to work in an international environment.
Reporting to the general manager, you will work closely and support the producers and associate producers on financial issues, including game projects and the studio budget.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for providing key financial services, budgeting and forecasting, maintaining compliance with policies and financial analysis. In short, everything that makes this company a highly functioning studio. You will work autonomous and with various tasks – everything from the behind-the-scenes details to the big picture.
They offer you an environment where you will be working on world leading products together with other passionate professionals, from both within and outside of the industry. Their ambition is to achieve highest possible quality with a focus on strong work processes; whether it is in art, programming or design.
- Prepare, track and follow-up on project & studio budgets together with project management and budget owners
- Coordinate and contribute to financial forecast of production & studio project
- Draft and present monthly performance reports to production, finance, HQ and otherstakeholders
- Provide ad hoc analyses and reports on various topics when required
- Develop and maintain workflows around forecast and actualsYou as a person
As Financial Project Controller you are humble, communicative and enjoy working both independently and providing support to your team and colleagues. You have a self-starter mindset and a proactive attitude. Furthermore, you thrive in an active work environment that is in constant motion, and your good analytical skills together with structural ability allows you to efficiently come up with accurate conclusions.
- University or higher degree in Finance or equivalent amount of experience from a similar position
- Intermediate amount of experience from similar position, preferable in a medium to large sized organization
- Worked with finance in change processes
- High degree of IT literacy, specifically in Microsoft Excel and experience in drafting andpresenting reports
- Fluency in English, both verbal and writtenIf this sound like the next step in your career, be sure to send your CV to
And for more information, don’t hesitate to call; +31 642745808
This client is one of Europe’s leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. They started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in their games ever since.
Today, they employ more than 200 professionals from 25 different nationalities. They are located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play.
They strive to push their artistry, attention to detail and technical performance to new heights with every new game they develop. They believe creativity is the lifeblood of the studio, and this belief doesn’t just inform their work but also the way they’re structured. They employs a fairly flat hierarchy that allows every employee the freedom to contribute ideas and opinions. They strongly feel this helps foster a respectful and creative climate – one in which every employee can grow professionally, find new friends and unwind after a hard day’s work.